Honoring the Legacy of our Beloved Lorraine Loomis
We are honored that the family of our Salmon Warrior Lorraine Loomis has asked that donations be made in her memory to the Salmon Forever Fund. Lorraine was a founding member and Vice-Chairperson of the Salmon Defense Executive Board. In 2018 Lorraine created and co-chaired the Billy Frank Jr. Salmon Coalition, the first-of-its-kind group of powerful change agents who come together to combine their collective power by developing and moving a Call to Action for our region's salmon. Lorraine leaves behind a powerful legacy and helped pave a path for all to continue the mission of protecting salmon and preserving treaty rights for future generations.
Help Salmon Defense Build the BILLY FRANK JR. SALMON FOREVER FUND
Honoring and advancing the vision and work of Billy Frank Jr.
In honor of Billy Frank Jr.’s life and legacy, Salmon Defense manages the BILLY FRANK JR. SALMON FOREVER FUND. The mission of this trust is to honor and create permanence and action to the vision and work of Billy Frank Jr.
This fund will be used for the following purposes:
- Provide educational scholarships for native people pursuing knowledge and careers that sustain salmon resources and native lifeways.
- Fund restoration projects that increase and improve salmon spawning, rearing, and migratory habitats.
- Engage legal challenges on behalf of the salmon.
- Support education projects, productions, and facilities that engage the public interest and understanding of the ecosystems, salmon, and native cultures.
- Provide an annual award to individuals or organizations that have demonstrated leadership and commitment to the environment through collaborative problem-solving.
Have a project for the Fund?
Use the form to share some information about a project you feel would align with the goals of the Salmon Forever Fund.